Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Book Review: KNIT ONE, MURDER TWO A Knitorious Murder Mystery Book1 by Reagan Davis

Synopsis

Knitting Can Be Murder! 

I’m not a cop. I’m a soon-to-be-ex-wife, and former full-time mom who works part-time at the local yarn store. The biggest mystery I’ve ever solved is finding a missing knitting needle tucked behind my ear after spending all morning looking for it. 
Someone in Harmony Lake is trying to stitch me up for murder. 

In a small town where everyone has a secret they want to keep hidden, no one is talking to the out-of-town cop who’s been brought in to solve the case. So, armed with everything I’ve learned from watching murder mysteries on TV, and a little help from my friends, it’s up to me to find the real killer and clear my name. 

Can I knit the clues together and expose the killer before they unravel and kill again? 

I hope so, because knitting needles aren't allowed in prison, and I look horrible in orange. 

This ebook includes a link to a free knitting pattern. Clean read: no graphic violence, sex, or strong language.

Review

Meg and Adam continued to live together but are married in name only. The plan is that as soon as their daughter leaves for college, the divorce will occur and they will go their separate ways. Meg works at the local yarn star with Connie, who is both her boss and her friend. Only things get complicated and both Meg and Adam may be suspects when Paul is killed. 

Like many small towns, the dynamics of the townspeople and relationships factor into the story. After her argument with Paul and one of her knitting needles at the scene, Meg is sure she's being framed. She starts asking questions and discovers some things she's not fully prepared for. 

If you like cozy mysteries complete with some quirky and likable characters, you'll enjoy this first in the series. In addition to the murder mystery, there is a bit of humor and the possibility of romance as Meg gets on with the next phase of her life. Besides, there a free knitting patterns!

This is the first of eight in the Knitorious series and it lends a hint to where the series is going, but the mystery is fully contained in this book. I've added the next few to my TBR list.

2 comments: