Wednesday, January 1, 2020

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


It's that time of the year once again - a time to reflect on the good and the not-so-good. Overall, 2019 was a good year on all work levels - the day job and the writing. Lots of accomplishments for sure and hopefully more to come in 2020.   


On the plus side, publications in 2019 included: 

Dogs and More Dogs, Another Murder (Sheridan Hendley Mystery #2)

Old Friends and New, Another Murder (Sheridan Hendley Mystery #3)

Deception, Denial & Murder (Stacie Maroni Mystery #3)


Plans for 2020 include the next in each of those series... I suspect that will keep me busy (and out of trouble)!  Planned at least is the next in the Hannah & Tamar Series for tweens, teens, & YA, as well as a holiday - themed book for each of the other series...  

I also now have a website!  Check it out!


At a more global level, the frequency of hate, violence, and terrorism hasn't improved. It is sad to see the world and at home so filled with negativity. I am reminded of my high school years and the chant "Give Peace a Chance" often. At the very least, I suggest "Give Kindness a Chance" and pay it forward. As with a year ago, with all the turmoil here at home and abroad, I will strive to:

Be more positive and thoughtful of others
Be an advocate and help out others as best I can
Remember to engage in random acts of kindness
Be respectful of others and their opinions, even when I disagree 


On a personal level, I can't avoid the tried and true: Eat better, exercise more, lose weight... I'll add in there, take some time to relax. And since I'm behind, catching up on the books I've read, but not yet reviewed. The promise for 2020 is huge, as I step out of full-time employment and into semi-retirement (translation = more time to read and write). I'm excited for what is ahead.

What about you? What will you be working on in 2020?


WISHING YOU A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment