HAPPY NEW YEAR! The year 2020 will go down in history for many reasons. I, for one, am optimistic that 2021 will bring an end to the pandemic, at least relieving one of the factors that has contributed to a rough last 9 months. Aside from the pandemic and the economic and political aftermath, we've dealt with fires, extreme weather conditions, and violence. Also, in August 2020, I retired from my full-time job (though with lots to catch up on and working remotely to do that, it doesn't seem that way. Yet). For all these reasons, I've decided to look ahead, instead of back.
My goals (not resolutions) for 2021:
- Be kind. Do something nice for someone, pay it forward, make someone else smile.
- Be productive. Keep writing and reading and remembering to leave reviews for books I read. No set words/day. Keep moving forward.
- Think positive. I'm a sucker for a happy ending.
- Stay in touch with people I care about. It is too easy, with everything remote these days, to become isolated. Safe, not satisfying.
- Work on the travel bucket list (once safe to travel again) - this was a big part of the retirement plan, and has now been postponed until probably June or July, with Bouchercon in August in New Orleans. It's important to have something to look forward to.
- Strive to be healthy. COVID-19 has made it too easy to eat and sleep. Need to engage in a more healthy lifestyle.
- Continue to engage with readers and other writers in a variety of ways - maybe even figure out instagram on a mac?
Most of all, as we move into a new year, wishing all peace, good health, and good will toward others, despite differences.